How do you turn a team of experts into an expert team?
Great performance requires great team training
SimMan 3G is a durable patient simulator created for high-quality simulation training in a multitude of different medical procedures and patient cases. Use SimMan 3G as a stand-alone simulator, or expand your training possibilities with high-quality add-ons and your own equipment.
Scenario-based training using SimMan 3G perfectly combines the need to identify skill improvement areas for individuals as well as those essential for a team to function together, such as communication, behavior, and leadership.
Let your team train with state-of-the-art simulation technology designed to improve team performance within a risk-free environment.
A turn-key learning solution
Learners will be able to fully immerse themselves in the simulated scenario, with SimMan 3G more than any other patient simulator. SimMan 3G is able to display a wide range of physiological and neurological symptoms as well as pharmacological responses for over 145 drugs.
Easily expand your simulation training or tailor it for specialists including:
- Point of care ultrasound
- Advanced ventilation management
- Patient monitoring
- Video debriefing
User-friendly simulation training
Balancing state-of-the-art technology with simple set-up and easy-to-run scenario programs.
Using SimMan 3G alone, or together with more advanced training options such as ultrasound, or ventilation management, a clinical patient monitor and video debriefing systems, every aspect of your learner's simulation experience is completely integrated and available at the touch of a button.
With LLEAP you have complete control over your simulation training whether you choose to operate SimMan 3G on the fly or use pre-programmed scenarios. Physical and physiological parameters are set, trends started and actions logged.
Plan, Run and Assess
LLEAP: one software provides complete control of your simulation training
Learn one software to plan, run and assess all your simulations. Upgrade options for training in specialized disciplines such as ultrasound, ventilation management and more also use the LLEAP interface, seamlessly offering a plug-and-play simulation experience.
Take Your Simulation Training Further
We have created a range of completely integrated upgrade options to further enhance your simulation.
ASL 5000 Lung Solution
Conduct training with a spontaneously breathing patient supported on a ventilator.
Laerdal-SonoSim Ultrasound Solution
Designed to integrate diagnostic ultrasound into simulations.
Bridging the gap between simulation and real patient monitors.
Laerdal Scenario Cloud
Find hundreds of high-quality, expert-validated scenarios made ready for you.
Gain complete control to plan, run and assess your simulation training.
Always stay operational and on top of the latest simulation knowledge through support of the extensive Laerdal technical and educational service portfolio.
A commitment to helping save lives
At Laerdal, we are committed to helping save lives. That is why simulation is a crucial component of our healthcare education portfolio. Our flagship SimMan Simulators build upon decades of experience in the field of medical simulation.
Laerdal is dedicated to helping you meet your educational goals
From simulators and scenarios to installation and training, our products and services are designed to help you achieve the optimal training environment.
A complete and scalable patient simulation solution
Laerdal’s five SimMan Simulators are designed to provide a wide variety of different emergency care and trauma scenario. Utilize the feature sets and tailor the solution to your organization’s learning environment. Meet them all here.
- Completely wireless and self-contained
- Internal electrical and pneumatic power
- Supplemental wired connectivity and power
- Wirelessly integrates with existing computer networks
- Swappable, rechargeable batteries
- Approximately 4 hours continuous operation in wireless mode
- Rugged and reliable for use in multiple environments
Multiple Airway Skills/Features:
- Controllable open/closed airway; automatically or manually controlled
- Head tilt/Chin lift
- Jaw thrust w/articulated jaw
- Suctioning (Oral & Nasopharyngeal)
- Bag-mask ventilation
- Orotracheal intubation
- Nasotracheal intubation
- Combitube, LMA, and other airway placement
- Endotracheal tube intubation
- Retrograde intubation
- Fiberoptic intubation
- Transtracheal jet ventilation
- Needle cricothyrotomy
- Surgical cricothyrotomy
- Variable lung compliance
- 4 settings
- Variable airway resistance
- 4 settings
- Right main stem intubation
- Stomach distention
- Detection of proper head position
- Can’t intubate/Can ventilate
- Can’t intubate/Can’t ventilate
- Tongue edema
- Pharyngeal swelling
- Decreased cervical range of motion
- Simulated spontaneous breathing
- Bilateral and unilateral chest rise and fall
- CO2 exhalation
- Normal and abnormal breath sounds
- 5 anterior auscultation sites
- 6 posterior auscultation sites
- Oxygen saturation and waveform
- Needle thoracentesis - bi-lateral
- Unilateral & Bilateral chest movement
- Unilateral, Bilateral & lobar breath sounds
- Chest tube insertion - bilateral
- Extensive ECG library
- Heart sounds - four anterior locations
- ECG rhythm monitoring (4 wire)
- 12 lead ECG display
- Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Oscillometric BP measurement
- Carotid, femoral, brachial, radial, dorsalis pedis, popliteal and posterior tibialis pulses synchronized with ECG
- Pulse strength variable with BP
- Pulse Palpation is detected & logged
- Bilateral IV access
- Bilateral numeral IO access
- Intraosseous access (tibia)
- Bilateral deltoid IM
- Compliant with 2020 Guidelines
- CPR compressions generate palpable pulses, blood pressure wave form, and ECG artefacts
- Realistic compression depth and resistance
- Detection of depth, release and frequency of compressions
- Real time feedback on quality of CPR
- Blinking - slow, normal, fast and winks
- Open, closed and partially open
- Pupillary accommodation:
- normal and sluggish speed of response
- Simulation of bleeding at multiple sites
- Arterial and venous
- Vital signs automatically respond to blood loss & therapy
- Works with various wound modules & moulage kits
- Urine output (variable)
- Foley catheterization
- Eyes, Ears, Nose, Mouth
- Blood, Mucous, CSF, etc.
- Bowel Sounds - four quadrants
- Patient Voice
- Pre-recorded sounds
- Custom sounds
- Instructor can simulate patient’s voice wirelessly
- Instructor Communication
- Multiple instructors communicate using integrated voice over IP
- Articulating arms
- SpO2 measurement bilateral
- Interchangeable head skins
- Extensive drug formulary
- Automatic or programmable physiological responses
- Control multiple manikins from one interface
- Control simulations from any where on your network
- Multiple interfaces can control/observe a single simulation
- Manual Mode
- Precise control “on the fly”
- Design & program custom scenarios
- Create custom events
- Run pre-packaged scenarios
- Automatic Mode
- Physiological & pharmacological models run pre-packaged simulations
- Unique, simple controls increase/decrease difficulty & pace
- Simulation controls:
- Fast forward
- Profile Editor
- Future prediction & patient outcome display
- Integrated video debriefing
- Data logging
- Instructor comments
- Highly configurable
- ECG (2 traces)
- Anesthetic Agent
- Cardiac Output
- Temperature (core & peripheral)
- Additional and programmable parameters
- X-Ray Display
- 12 Lead ECG Display
- Custom Image Display
- Custom Video Display
- UL, CE, FCC, CSA
SimMan 3G How-to videos
Laerdal Debrief Viewer (107mb)
This version has no changes made to it compared with version 2.2.1 – except for correcting a spelling mistake in Japanese. The only reason to upgrade to version 2.2.2 is if you want to run the application in Japanese for SimMan 3G, simMan Essential Bleeding and SimMan Essential.
SimMan 3G Ess 2.4.0 (869mb)
SimMan 3G and Essential Instructor Application Software was discontinued September 2014 and replaced by Laerdal Learning Application (LLEAP) Software. Laerdal will ensure availability and support of Instructor Application (latest software version 2.4.0) for a minimum of five years from the date of discontinuation. No additional improvements or modifications will be made to the Instructor Application. In order to access the latest software advancements available for your simulator, please learn more about LLEAP.
USB 3.0 patch for ELO Monitor (74mb)
THIS PATCH IS ONLY NEEDED IF ELO MONITOR ARE USED. With this patch it is possible to communicate between the ELO monitor and laptops via a USB 3.0 port. The patch also supports newer versions of the ELO monitor and is compatible with Windows 7 software. The patch addresses the following patient simulator versions (only): SimMom 1.0.0 SimBaby 1.6 SimMan 3.5 SimNewB 1.4 SimNewB for VS2 126.96.36.199 ALS Sim Adv 1.1 ALS Sim Adv for VS2 188.8.131.52 SimJunior 1.0.2 SimJunior for VS2 184.108.40.206 SimMan3G 2.3.4 Notice that you have to re-apply the patch if you install additional patient simulators on your computer. Future versions of the simulators will contain the new ELO driver and do not need the patch. However, if you combine a future version with any of the versions listed above, the patch is mandatory. PLEASE NOTE: You must also use the latest version of the Laerdal Debrief Viewer
This patch fixes an issue where the Patient Monitor application does not start up correctly and may show an error message when started due to a corrupted configuration file. This patch requires that Patient Monitor version 2.4.0, 2.4.1 or 2.4.2 is installed.
SimMan 3G patch for software version 2.1 - for selected HCSSC scenarios only (47mb)
This patch ensures that the following scenarios developed by Healthcare Simulation of South Carolina works as intended, by changing the Intra Cranial Pressure scale from 12-70, to 1-100: Medication Administration Procedural for SimMan 3G (1 scenario, Vital Signs Procedural Steps for SimMan 3G (1 scenario), Pain Wong Baker for SimMan 3G A-E (5 scenarios), Pain Numeric for SimMan 3G A-E (5 scenarios), Urinary Catheterization Female for 3G Simulator (1 scenario), Urinary Catheterization Male for 3G Simulator (1 scenario), Nasogastric Tube Insertion for 3G Simulator (1 scenario), Practical ACLS training and testing scenario set (new version 12) (19 scenarios** ** The older versions of “Practical ACLS” are not affected. However, the coming new versions that comply with 2010 ACLS guidelines will require the SimMan 3G patch in order to run correctly. It is important to note that the patch is ONLY needed if a user intends to use the scenarios listed above for student assessment purposes. It is not required for any other use. If a user does not intend to purchase & run the 34 affected HCSSC scenarios described above, the current SimMan 3G software (version 2.1) works as intended with SimStore.